NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS!
The ITA Ann Lebedeff Leadership Award will stand to honor a recent college graduate who played college tennis and demonstrated excellence on and off the court, leadership on his or her team, as well as on his or her college campus and in his or her community. The annual recipient of the award will have demonstrated grit (i.e., passion and perseverance towards long-term goals), a commitment to social justice and equality and will have pushed others to be leaders in addition to demonstrating his or her own leadership.
- Have graduated from a four-year American ITA member institution
- Have letters a minimum of two (2) years on the school’s varsity tennis team
Please submit the following:
- A letter of application that includes an essay describing the role tennis and higher education have played in his or her life.
- Contact email and phone number.
- Letters of support on behalf of the candidate must also be submitted by the candidate’s varsity tennis coach, a college professor, and a colleague/teammate.
During the Spring semester, the ITA will select at least three (3) finalists from all applications received from the candidates. At that time, a dossier pertaining to these candidates, including a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s college or university President, will be submitted to the ITA Ann Lebedeff Leadership Award Selection Panel. The ITA Ann Lebedeff Leadership award winner will be honored by the ITA at a special awards ceremony in addition to receiving a specially engraved gift and a post-graduate scholarship. In addition, the ITA will also donate $1,000 to the tennis program of the institution from which the award winner graduated.
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 1ST
Please submit nominations to Rachel Dagen (email@example.com) no later than Friday, March 1st.