|April 20, 2018
University of Delaware - Volunteer Assistant Men's Tennis Coach
To provide a positive environment for our Men’s Tennis Student-Athletes conducive to athletic development, social growth, and preparation for life beyond college.
- Assist in training and evaluation
- Coach at all practices and competitions, home and away.
- Assist with game-day operations, film, and campus visits for recruits.
- General communications using current social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of NCAA, CAA, and institutional rules.
- Collegiate or professional playing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Ideal candidate should want college coaching as their future profession
- Ready to be on campus no later than the final week of August 2018
Please send resume and 3 references to: Pablo Montana (email@example.com)
|April 20, 2018
Grove City College - Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Grove City College Announces an opening for a Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach. This position will have the responsibility of leading our varsity tennis program. The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, recruiting, monitoring academic progress, scheduling, daily practice preparation, match preparation, and fostering a Christian atmosphere that seeks excellence in all that it does, and is in-sync with Grove City College and the Grove City College athletic department unique mission as a Christian Institution of higher education. Additional duties may include teaching fitness and wellness courses and/or racquet classes as well as other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
The qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree and three (3) years’ experience coaching college tennis is preferred. Must have valid driver’s license.
Send a current resume, names of three references, a letter of interest that includes an explanation of how your Christian faith represents a strong fit with Grove City College's unique mission as a Christian college (http://www.gcc.edu/Home/Our-Story/Faith-Freedom/Vision-Mission-Values), and salary requirements to: Ms. Jamie N. Kimble, Assistant Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grove City College is a private educational institution noted for its academic excellence where scholarship is informed by Christian principles. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, non-job related disability, use of a guide or support animal, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other college-administrative programs.
|April 20, 2018
Edinboro University - Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Edinboro University is accepting on-line only applications for a Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach.
The Coach is ultimately responsible for the management/direction of all aspects of a competitive men's and women's tennis program within the framework of the Pennsylvania State Athletic conference (PSAC), NCAA, the CBA, and/or the rules and regulations of the University and any other athletic conference in which the University is a member. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan/manage all competitions and practices of the program, including in-season and out-of-season player development.
- Recruit qualified student athletes.
- Promote the academic success of the student athletes
- Advise student athletes of the University's athletic policies and all other appropriate requirements of PSAC and NCAA and any other athletic conference in which the University is a member.
- Help implement the Edinboro University Athletic Drug Education, Screening and Counseling Program for intercollegiate athletes including being a member of the drug screening team.
- Manage the budget for the program, including organizing and planning travel arrangements.
- Participate in fundraising events and the promotion of good public relations.
- Evaluate all assistant coaches.
- Responsible for the submission of both head coach and assistant coach's monthly work schedules to the Athletic Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $40,000 - $46,000
A full position description and qualifications can be found at: http://jobs.edinboro.edu/postings/5827. The deadline to apply is April 29, 2018.
|April 18, 2018
UMass Boston - Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
UMass Boston, a Division III program, is seeking an assistant men’s & women’s tennis coach for the 2018-19 academic year beginning in August. The ideal person must work well with a very diverse group of student-athletes and possess strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills. This is a part-time, non-benefitted position.
- Driver’s license/clean driving record is required
- Previous tennis instructor or coaching experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards one is preferred
- Strong playing/competitive background preferred
Job Duties include the following:
- Recruiting and management of recruiting database
- Assist head coach in planning and running of practices
- Match preparation
- Academic Monitoring
- Travel preparation
- Managing of social media accounts
- Other duties as assigned by head coach
Please forward any letters of interest including resume to head coach Eric Berg at email@example.com
|April 18, 2018
Western Michigan University - Volunteer Assistant Women's Tennis Coach
Western Michigan University is seeking a Volunteer assistant coach for the 2018-2019 season. Looking for qualified, hardworking candidates to assist in all aspects of coaching a Division I program. All qualified candidates should apply.
- Playing experience at the Division I level
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Organized, strong work ethic, high energy, reliable
- Physically able to hit with players at practice
This position also comes with the opportunity to teach tennis at local clubs and an additional opportunity to work summer camps. Both of these options provide more than enough income to cover expenses.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|April 17, 2018
John McEnroe Tennis Academy - Teaching Openings
Immediate openings for tennis professionals to join the John McEnroe Tennis Academy. This is an excellent opportunity to join the JMTA world class staff which includes a number of former ATP/WTA top 100 players. Ideal candidates will possess 3 or more years teaching experience, have high intensity on the court, maintain a nationally recognized tennis certification and desire to join a growing tennis facility. Experience working with top ranked juniors or playing at a high level a plus. In addition to JMTA, Sportime Syosset offers a full suite of tennis services including TAUT, Adult programs, private tennis lessons, etc. All levels of Junior Development from beginners to nationally ranked players.
Sportime, a leader in New York tennis, offers excellent opportunities for advancement. Compensation is based on ability and experience.
Please provide a Resume/Curriculum Vitae and 3 job references by email to Michael Kossoff - email@example.com
|April 17, 2018
Sportime - Tennis Professional Positions
Tennis Professionals wanted to teach at upscale tennis facilities owned and operated by SPORTIME, New York’s leader in tennis, fitness, and multi-sport clubs. Our clubs are located on scenic Long Island (including The Hamptons), New York City, Westchester County and Schenectady. Candidates must work well with Adults and Juniors. Private lessons and group instruction. All levels of Junior Development from beginner to Nationally Ranked. New York's largest and most exciting adult group lesson program.
Excellent opportunities for advancement. Director of tennis and management training. Starting salaries are based on ability and experience. Please provide a current Resume/Curriculum Vitae and three (3) job references by e-mail.
Contact: Michael Kossoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|April 16, 2018
Harvard University - Volunteer Assistant Women's Tennis Coach
Harvard University is seeking a volunteer assistant coach for the 2018-2019 season. Applicants interested in being exposed to all aspects of facilitating a collegiate D1 women’s program and pursuing a tennis collegiate coaching career, contact us.
This person will be integrated in all aspects of our program and considered a third coach for our team.
- Work with the Women’s team at practices and competitions. Assist with administrative duties: practice plans, recruiting, etc Qualifications:
- Excellent work ethic, detail oriented, reliable
- Effective organizational skills, and solid player
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
|April 13, 2018
Auburn University at Montgomery - Graduate Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Auburn University at Montgomery, a provisional NCAA Division II member institution competing in the Gulf South Conference, is seeking a graduate assistant coach that will serve both the men's and women's tennis programs. The position will begin in August 2018. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the head coach with team practices & competition, individual practices, workouts/conditioning, fundraising events, community service events, video recording & analysis, recruiting, and compliance with all NCAA DII and AUM rules. Candidate must be dedicated with good organizational and communication skills. Playing and/or coaching at the collegiate level is preferred.
The positions require an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance and full-time enrollment into a graduate school program at AUM.
The successful candidate will receive:
- Waiver for in-state tuition charges
- $7,5000 scholarship per academic year towards tuition and traditional fees academic per year for all required coursework in the Master’s program of candidate’s choice
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and references to Head Coach, Yair Banuelos, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
For more information about AUM visit www.aum.edu and www.aumathletics.com
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|April 11, 2018
Heidelberg University - Graduate Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Heidelberg University, a Division III liberal arts college in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a graduate assistant for their Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams.
The position includes a full tuition remission, housing, meal plan, and stipend for the year. They must be accepted into one of the University's Masters programs.
A qualified applicant will have a passion for coaching tennis and will be ready to take on a large role in running the program. They will get experience in all aspects of coaching that will prepare them to become a Head Tennis Coach.
Responsibilities will include:
- Match preparation
- Planning and running of daily practices
- Scheduling Home and Away matches
- Team travel preparation
- Managing social media accounts
- Assisting head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring, evaluation, and academic monitoring
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required.
Successful coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience is required.
Experience at the intercollegiate level is preferred.
Application Process: Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: Bryan Wickliffe, Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach - email@example.com
|April 11, 2018
Tennis Europe - Tennis Professional/Chaperone
Summer Employment Opportunity with Tennis Europe Tennis Professional/Chaperone – Europe or North America TENNIS: EUROPE invites males and females to coach juniors (ages 14 to 18) on tournament circuits in Europe or North America this summer. You must be at least 21 years old and have experience working with teenage tennis players. We conduct serious-minded tournament circuits designed to give juniors match experience and mental toughness. Each of our teams consists of a maximum of 18 players in Europe and 22 players in North America. The ability level of our players ranges from high school varsity to nationally ranked players with trips from 17 to 25 days. We will provide you with training and support to make the summer successful and memorable for you and your players. Many college coach and tennis professional have found us rewarding as well as a major credential on their resume. We have 9 teams with our first team leaving on June 23rd and the last team departing on July 4th Our 45th summer.
Deadline whenever positions are filled.
Please send resume and cover letter and write for detailed job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to TENNIS: EUROPE, 73 Rockridge Lane, Stamford, CT. 06903 or telephone (203) 322-9803
|April 10, 2018
University of Tulsa - VWTA Associate Director of Tennis
VWTA Associate Director of Tennis
Michael D. Case Tennis Center
University of Tulsa
- Maintain, expand and develop existing junior program from beginner to advanced levels.
- Maintain, expand and develop existing adult programs including private and group settings.
- Manage and scheduling of all tennis staff.
- Manage prominent country club program during summer months.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 yrs of related work experience
- Certified USPTA/PTR Professional
- Experience as a trennis instructor or tennis program director for a minimum of 3 years
- Excellent tennis skills
- Ability to effectively teach tennis to all age groups
- Able to work, nights, weekends and holidays
- Based on experience and will be discussed during interview
Bob Kresse at email@example.com
|April 9, 2018
University of Georgia - Volunteer Assistant Men's Tennis Coach (2018-19)
Searching for a qualified, high energy and hard working volunteer coach to assist the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach with all duties related to the program.
-Playing experience at the D1 level.
-Hard working and high energy.
-Physically able to hit and practice with current players.
This position has the ability to easily make enough outside income through lessons and camps to support expenses.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|April 9, 2018
Swarthmore College - Tennis Counselors
Loomis Racquet Academy at Swarthmore College is looking for 2 tennis counselors for overnight tennis camp. The usual schedule includes morning drills and afternoon match play. Dorm duties include trips to the mall, movies, and Philadelphia.
Dates: overnight camp - July 29-August 2;
Compensation: $450 for the week, including room and board
If interested, please email Jeremy at email@example.com
|April 3, 2018
University of Pennsylvania - Summer Camp Counselor
The University of Pennsylvania is seeking qualified candidates to serve as summer camp counselors for the Penn Tennis Camp. It is a day camp that runs Monday to Friday from 9a-3p. There is an opportunity to earn additional money by working extended day care from 3-6p.
** LOCAL HOUSING IS NOT PROVIDED**
- Supervise campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health and safety, security, and personal and skill development
- Teach age-appropriate tennis skills and techniques in a progressive sequence to boys and girls. Ages vary from 5 – 17
- Plan and execute various games, activities and round robin tournaments within assigned group
- Work effectively with other tennis instructors and collaborate on various responsibilities
- Serve as a positive role model to campers
- Daily set up and break down of camp equipment before and after camp
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Job Requirements: Previous experience working with children preferred. Must have a US Social Security Number and authorization to work in the US.
Job Type: Temporary
All interested applicants should submit a resume to Ellah Nze, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|April 3, 2018
PTR - Member Experience Coordinator
Position: Member Experience Coordinator
Responsibilities: The Member Experience Coordinator will ensure a first-class experience for all PTR members both new and current plus develop/manage branding, layout and messaging in order to grow the PTR social media footprint
- Works with the on-boarding process of new members daily
- Follow up with the inquiry database daily for a positive conversion rate
- Create a follow-up procedure to progress from “inquiry” to the on-boarding phase
- Prepare new member packets to email in a timely manner
- Process new members renewals and reinstates
- Second “on deck” to answer incoming calls
- Phone campaigns to create a positive conversion rate
- Manage and send all workshop E-blasts/texts
- Contact workshop participants when a workshop is postponed
- Answer member questions regarding membership
- Send workshop evaluations following each workshop on a weekly basis
- Responsible for all bookings and the smooth execution of the trade show
- Operate by the PTR values and code of ethics
- Create, send, and manage LMS logins for coaches completing workshops every Monday
- Create logins for IMIS, Tennis.TV, TennisGate, etc.
- Manage and improve our social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Create and manage Crowd Compass event app for various PTR events
- Strategic planning for short and long term with defined goals and timelines
- Oversee the daily communication exchange across all PTR social media platforms
- Create a PTR branding across all phases of digital media
- Manage all social media platforms while creating a specific end user experience related to each platform I.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.
- Oversee search engine optimization of the PTR brand
- Create unique member engagement activities across all social media platforms
- Assistant to the Spring TennisFest Director
- Manage volunteers
- Miscellaneous duties to work with the event
Upon hire, the Member Experience Coordinator will preferably have:
- Have a strong tennis background
- Be/become familiar with all PTR education offerings and membership
- Have extensive knowledge and experience utilizing all forms of Social Media
- Able to work with a group of dynamic individuals
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Great organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish
- Customer service oriented
- Good time management
- Self-motivated and self-directed; works productively on own
- Competent in all Microsoft Office skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
|April 2, 2018
Intercollegiate Tennis Association - Championships Manager & Tournament Administrator
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Championships Manager & Tournament Administrator.
Championships Manager & Tournament Administrator responsibilities to include:
Oversee and administer, from start to finish, ITA DI National & Regional Championships. Duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Pre-event Tournament and Host Site Logistics
- Player/Team Entry, Selections, & Seeding
- On-site Tournament Administration
- Post-event Administration
- Event budget planning and reconciliation
Assist ITA Director of Championships with select day-to-day operations of the Championships Department, including, but not limited to:
- Communication with tournament directors, referees, hosts, sponsors, and ITA member coaches.
- ITA database management
- ITA Summer Circuit administration
- Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of sport management experience
- Strong understanding of college tennis required. Experience in college tennis (playing, coaching, operations) preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with Google Applications
- Tournament administrative experience and work experience in using Tournament Management Software preferred.
- Applicant should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects, be comfortable working in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Position will report to the ITA Director of Championships and be based at ITA headquarters in Tempe, AZ.
- Position will require moderate travel throughout the year for championships and events.
- Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits.
Applicants are required to send a cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to Cory Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: April 2, 2018
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's head coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers approximately 100 regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 college varsity student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is www.itatennis.com
|March 28, 2018
Houghton College - Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Houghton College, a Christian College of the liberal arts and sciences located in rural Western New York, seeks applicants for the position of Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach. The coaching position is half-time. Those with skill sets that match other departmental needs may be considered for full-time on-campus status. The successful applicant will possess a strong, working knowledge of the game. Playing experience at the collegiate level and/or successful coaching experience at the high school or college level is strongly preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required, but a Master’s degree is preferred. Strong “people skills,” the ability to work well in a team setting and a commitment to sports ministry are required. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be filled upon identification of a suitable candidate.
Houghton College is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Successful candidates will evidence similar commitments.
To apply please submit the following materials via email to: email@example.com.
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
- Answer to the following questions:
- Please review Houghton College’s Community Covenant and Doctrinal Statement available here:
- Please provide a brief description of your faith journey, including the nature of your current participation in a local church or fellowship
- What motivates you to seek employment with an institution that strives to work together in the manner described in the community covenant?
- Do you have any questions or concerns regarding either the doctrinal statement or community covenant?
Application materials will only be accepted via email. Phone inquiries will not be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Transcripts may be required before a final hiring decision is made.
|March 20, 2018
St. Louis University - Graduate Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Saint Louis University, a NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking applicants for a graduate assistant coaching position for the Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams. This position will assist with all aspects of supporting a collegiate program, including assisting with daily office duties, recruiting, practice planning, scheduling travel arrangements, coaching and support on game days, assisting with equipment and gear (ordering, distributing and maintaining), assisting with study hall and academic support of student-athletes as well as compliance with all NCAA, A-10 and university rules and regulations.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into a Saint Louis University Graduate School program is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in collegiate and/or high school tennis, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting. This position will include a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required. Qualified applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
Application Process: Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: Jon Zych, Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|March 19, 2018
Cornell University - Volunteer Assistant Men's Tennis Coach
Cornell University is seeking a volunteer assistant coach for the 2018-2019 season. Applicants interested in being exposed to every aspect of running a collegiate program and pursuing a tennis collegiate coaching career, contact us.
This person will be included in all areas of the program to learn and be a third coach for our team.
- Work with the Men’s team at all practices and competitions.
- Assist with everything related administratively: NCAA compliance, operating budget, recruiting
- Excellent work ethic, detail oriented, and be reliable.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Bachelor’ degree
The position allows for outside income from tennis lessons, clinics and camps.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
|March 19, 2018
Warner University - Graduate Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach (Fall 2018)
Warner University, a Christian NAIA institution, member of the Sun Conference invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s and Women’s Tennis within the department of Athletics. This position includes a 75% tuition discount and $1,500 yearly stipend. Living expenses and books are not covered. The successful applicant must meet the admission requirements for Warner University Graduate School and be prepared to begin working no later than August 20, 2018. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assist the head coach with player development; plan and organize team travel; actively recruit prospective players while following all NAIA rules and regulations; handle all aspects of personal recruiting trips; and assist with all other aspects of a nationally competitive tennis program.
Qualifications: Required qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree with related experience. College playing experience and/or equivalent professional experience. Statement of Faith will be requested. Be able to invest in your education, as this position only covers 75% of tuition and you will be responsible for paying for your food, fees, books, and living expenses.
Graduate Programs Offered:
Master of Business Administration
Concentration: International Business
Human Resource Management
Master of Arts in Education
Master of Ministry
Master of Science in Management
Location: Warner University, 13895 Lake Wales, Florida 33859
Contact: Jose D. Martinez/Head Men's &Women's Tennis Coach/ firstname.lastname@example.org
|March 8, 2018
University of Michigan - Summer Tennis Camp Coach
Looking for a responsible, mature collegeiate player to come work two weeks at the University of Michigan summer tennis camps.
- On- court coaching from 9-11:30 am and 1-3 pm
- Fun evening activiites
- Dorm duties
Salary will be based on experience
Dates- July 16-20, 23-27
Please contact Head Coach Adam Steinberg @ email@example.com or 734-660-6771
|March 7, 2018
University of Pennsylvania - Membership & Operations Coordinator
Summary: University of Pennsylvania’s Hecht/Hamlin Tennis Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Membership and Operations Coordinator (Evening/Weekend Supervisor). This role will be responsible for assisting in the daily management and operations of the Hecht/Hamlin Tennis Center and all tennis related summer camps. The position is directly responsible for assisting with the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of approximately 15 temporary staff. Assists with ensuring consistent enforcement and execution of facility policies and procedures and proper risk management practices. Receives direct administrative supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager of Hecht/Hamlin Tennis. Indirect supervision received by the Manager of Hecht/Hamlin Tennis.
- Supervise and coordinate the activity of the front desk staff in ensure productivity and timely completion of tasks in an organized manner
- Communicate and enforce facility policies and procedures, and relevant information as needed. Act as manger on duty in the absence of Assistant Manager and Manager.
- Oversee court reservations, advanced group rental reservations and contract court time for members. Schedule and manage the practice court and match day requests for the USTA league teams, Penn varsity teams and external rentals.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve all customer challenges and complaints. Take the appropriate action in accordance with the facility policies to maintain customer satisfaction. Act as a liaison between the front desk and management.
- Assist Manager with outreach and coordination of special events and prospecting new business for the facility.
- Administrative support and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred and 1 year to 2 years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in supervisory/management capacity is preferred. Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Knowledge of tennis is strongly preferred.
All interested applicants should apply online. Please note the position schedule is three weeknights and weekends. https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/35066
|March 6, 2018
Averett University - Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Averett University, a private Division III school in Danville, Va., is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Tennis Coach. The Assistant Tennis Coach is not full-time employee as the position is intended for graduate students employed in activities with the Tennis department. Athletics is part of the overall educational process and provides life skills lessons and support of the academic process. Enrollment in one of Averett’s graduate programs is a requirement of this position.
- Assist head coach in organizing and conducting practices and contests in all aspects necessary in running a competitive Division III program.
- Assist in the recruitment of a diverse group of qualified student athletes for successful participation at the varsity athletic level
- Advise and supervise team members, captains, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and team managers as directed.
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines
- Adhere to all NCAA, USA South and sport rules and regulations.
- Serve as game administrator at intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department and/or assist in other assigned duties in support of the department and program.
- Bachelor’s degree and successful coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience is required.
- Experience at the intercollegiate level is preferred.
An Assistant Tennis Coach is provided a stipend with the expectation that they will participate in Athletics Department functions; support and engage students and student-athletes in learning opportunities outside of the classroom and playing field through the student life programs and assist the department in other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Light to moderate. Applicants must be able to meet the physical demands of set-up, clean-up and conducting of a game day operations. (i.e. moving benches, chairs, boxes etc.)
Averett is a co-educational, four-year university founded in 1859. Enrolling more than 2,600 students in total, with 1,165 on the 19-acre main campus, the university educates both traditional, non-traditional and graduate students. A member of the USA South Conference, Averett has more than 300 student-athletes that compete in 16 sports. Averett athletics ranks No. 3 nationally in the D3socialmedia.com index ratings.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume, including names and telephone numbers of three references to Bert Poole, Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT APPLY to the GPS Program before being contacted by Coach Poole.
Please use this link to find more information about GPS.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Averett University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Serious applicants only. Contact Bert Poole at email@example.com with questions regarding the position.
|February 23, 2018
Pepperdine University - Summer Camp Tennis Coach
Looking for tennis coaches interested in working at our 7 week summer camp on our beautiful campus in Malibu,CA. Great summer job!
- Be on court from 8:30 until 11:30 and for another 3 hours in the afternoon
- Participate in the night activities
- Responsible for kids in the dorms
- Willing to work on the weekends to take overnight campers to different theme parks in the region (extra pay for the weekend)
We want exciting and cheerful coaches that truly enjoy being on court helping kids improve their game but also making sure that they are having an amazing time at camp.
Salary: To be discussed ( based on years of experience) - housing and meals included
Start Date: June 17th
End Date: August 3rd
Please contact Marcelo Ferreira (Pepperdine Men's Head Coach) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-450-7836
|February 23, 2018
Pepperdine University - Summer Camp Director
Looking for an experienced tennis coach interested in running our 7 week summer camp on our beautiful campus in Malibu, CA.
- Organize court groups
- Organize dorm grids
- Organize weekly singles and team tournaments
- Oversee and supervise all the coaches and make sure they are performing to the high standards of our camp
- Run coaches orientation in the beginning of camp
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment for campers and coaches
- Responsible for all the managerial duties such as handling calls from parents,scheduling shuttles and buses for airport and beach trips, keeping track of receipts, keeping track of campers' medical records, checking campers in and out of camp, overseeing night activities at the dorms, etc...
Start Date: June 17th
End Date: August 3rd
Salary: To be discussed - Housing and meals included.
Please contact Marcelo Ferreira (Pepperdine Men's Head Coach) at email@example.com or 818-450-7836
|February 14, 2018
Brescia University - Assistant Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
Brescia University has an opening for a part-time Assistant Tennis Coach position-- Duties include recruiting, scheduling, practices, team-travel, budgeting, game management, fund-raising and maintaining supplies and equipment.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of one year collegiate coaching or playing experience required.
To apply, send cover letter, résumé, three (3) professional references with names, mailing addresses and email addresses (if applicable) to:
717 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
Position open until filled
BRESCIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
|February 13, 2018
Camp Windadu - Summer Tennis Camp Counselor
Where: Camp Winadu in Western Massachusetts – please visit www.campwinadu.com for more information.
When: June 22 to August 10
Brief description: Camp Winadu is located in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts situated on Lake Onota. Camp Winadu offers a variety of sports including tennis, waterskiing, sailing, basketball, baseball, golf, soccer, ice hockey, lacrosse, etc… We are looking for motivated individuals who will be on court with the tennis director for approximately 6-8 hours per day; tennis instructors receive one day off per week. Tennis Director will provide all the drills, and there will be opportunities each day to work on your tennis game as the tennis staff consists of college players and teaching professionals from across the country. There is a fully equipped weight room on campus, a staff lounge equipped with computers, the biggest swimming pool in the Berkshire Mountains, and some of the best facilities you can utilize to improve yourself.
Compensation: $250-$300 per week, room and board, and a travel allowance to and from camp; this experience can also be used as a paid internship. Once you arrive to camp, you will have no expenses.
Contact: Please email your questions to the tennis director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: This experience is a great resume builder as you will be working and living with kids. This is a wonderful opportunity for those that want to get into coaching or teaching, or for those that just want to earn some extra money over the summer.
|February 13, 2018
Assumption College- Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Men's Tennis program as a component of the college experience which enhances and supports the student's liberal arts education.
1. Organizes, directs, and implements all phases of a highly competitive program including practice sessions, recruitment, counseling, training and conditioning.
2. Supervises assistant coach(s).
3. Monitors the academic performance of the student athletes in the program.
4. Directs and coaches the team according to NCAA, Northeast-10 Conference and Assumption College standards, rules and regulations.
5. Awareness, commitment and adherence to NCAA and Conference rules and annually successfully completes the NCAA Recruiting Exam.
6. Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
7. Actively participates in department fund raising and public relations events.
8. Represents the College in media interviews, speaking engagements, and community service projects.
9. Regularly attends selective special College events such as: Student/Athlete Candlelight Service, Hall of Fame Dinner, First-Year Orientation, Student/Athlete Awards Ceremony, College Admissions activities, etc.
10. Develops alumni relations for the promotion of the program.
11. Directs a summer camp if applicable.
12. Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
13. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Bachelor's Degree/Master's preferred.
* College coaching experience preferred - at least 3 years of demonstrated coaching expertise.
* Strong communication and public relations, management and leadership skills.
* Communicates regularly with athletics administration, students, parents, faculty, high school coaches, N.C.A.A. and Conference officials
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
* Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, and/or loud noises.
* Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Apply on line only: www.assumption.edu/hr
About the Employer
Assumption College, a Catholic institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption and rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, strives to form graduates known for critical intelligence, thoughtful citizenship and compassionate service. We pursue these ambitious goals through a curriculum grounded in the liberal arts and extending to the domain of professional studies. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason, we aim, by the pursuit of the truth, to transform the minds and hearts of students. Assumption favors diversity and ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals. Assumption College is part of Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts. Applicants from underrepresented racial minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
|February 5, 2018
Springfield College - Graduate Assistant Women's Tennis Coach
The Fellow will have responsibilities assisting with the coaching, planning and execution of daily practices. The Fellow is responsible for assisting the head coach with skill instruction, game review, game preparation and position specific technique and individual meetings. The Fellow will be an instrumental part of home and away contest coaching. The Fellow will also be teaching up to two PEAC classes per semester within the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation. Within the class, skill development, lecture and evaluation will take place.
The Fellow will take on other responsibilities vital to the success of the program. These responsibilities might include recruiting, team travel preparation, managing social media accounts, general office tasks, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Fellowship Required Qualifications
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Coaching/Teaching/Playing experience in tennis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- US driver’s license is preferred
- Be accepted into a full-time graduate program at Springfield College
- Remain in good academic standing with Springfield College
- Pass the NCAA recruiting test
- Certified in CPR/First Aid/AED
Hours per week: 25 hours/week
Tuition Waiver: 18 credits per year
Annual Stipend: $4000
Start Date: September 2018
Job Specific Contact: Chad Stoloff, Assistant Professor & Head Coach of Men’s Tennis
To Apply: Please send Resume, Cover letter and Application to: Diane Johnson, email@example.com
|February 2, 2018
Curry College - Part-Time Men's & Women's Head Coach
Curry College invites applications for a part-time Head Coach for our Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful Division III Tennis Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), and any other conference the school is affiliated with complying with all rules, regulations, and policies.
The Head Coach will be responsible for the advisement and training of the Tennis teams, with the administrative responsibility to develop and teach the various skills and tactics of the activity. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
- Teach and develop sport-specific skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner.
- Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date lesson plans for practice drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved.
- Schedule practice and game preparation sessions; work with Assistant Coach on practice scheduling and competition preparation.
- Partner with the Admission Department to conduct ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber student-athletes.
- Provide recruiting reports as requested to Athletic Director and Admission Department.
- Arrange and attend recruiting visits to schools, competitions and recruiting events.
- Maintain up-to-date Tennis recruitment database, including contact information and all communication/interactions with recruits.
- Arrange on-campus visits for recruits and meet with prospective students and families.
- Participate in Open Houses, Accepted Students Day and other campus events.
- Initiate new ideas and methods to improve the program in support of the College's goal of a successful record.
- Successfully manage budget.
- Successfully manage fundraising efforts for the Tennis Teams.
- Monitoring weight room activities for your tennis teams when in use.
Student Success and Retention:
- Monitor academic success of student athletes and encourage high achievement.
- Be proactive for student athletes in need with regard to study halls, progress reports, academic alerts, etc.
- Respond effectively to concerns expressed by student athletes about athletic and non-athletic issues and refer students to appropriate office on campus to address concerns (Academic Support, Counseling, Residence Life, Financial Aid, etc.).
- Attend all Athletic Department coaches meetings.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner including, rosters, purchase orders, meal expenses, eligibility forms, reimbursements and competition forms.
- Arrange all flights, hotels and bus arrangements as needed. Aid the Sports Information department in getting materials from players or coaches as needed.
- Distribute, collect and inspect all Tennis equipment.
- Coordinate work-study student assignments.
- Arrange a minimum of two (2) Service projects for the team each season.
- Partner with various members of the Milton Community to initiate service projects for the team.
- Maintain accurate records of outreach projects and share the outreach projects with the Athletic Director and Institutional Advancement Office.
- Supervise Assistant Coach and work study students as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of coaching experience at the club, high school or college level. (Head Coaching experience preferred).
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching intercollegiate sports with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all NCAA rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to specific sport that is being coached.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and some holidays.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- The position also requires the temperament and interpersonal skills to work well with the modes and moods of student-athletes within the stress and tension periods of intercollegiate athletics.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.