PlaySight and the ITA Match of the Week
The Buckeyes (4) play host to the Wolverines (23) in a classic rivalry game
Date: Sunday March 27th, 2016
Time: 12:00pm EST
Location: Varsity Tennis Center - Ohio State University - Columbus, Ohio
Teams Playing: (23) Michigan Wolverines @ (4) Ohio State Buckeyes
Jim Harbaugh isn’t the only person who enjoys the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry. The incredible passion and competition extends over to the tennis courts, too.
The Ohio State Buckeyes continue their sensational 2016 campaign this weekend – one in which they face a few Big Ten foes. On Friday, the Buckeyes travel to face the Spartans of Michigan State before returning home for a big rivalry matchup with the Wolverines.
The Buckeyes have an impressive 16-2 record on the season (their first with PlaySight’s Smart Court analytics, video, and streaming technology), and are 1-0 in conference play (a win over Penn State).
Buckeyes In A Nutshell
- The Buckeyes are 16-2 on the season with eight wins over Top-25 teams.
- The Buckeyes opened Big Ten play last month with a win over Penn State and are setting their sights on an 11th-straight Big Ten regular season crown.
- Ohio State’s two losses this season are nothing to scoff at as they fell to top-ranked North Carolina at the ITA Indoor Championships and on the road at No. 11 Georgia.
History vs. Michigan
- The Buckeyes trail Michigan in their overall head-to-head 32-67-3.
- Ohio State has gone 20-2 against the Wolverines since head coach Ty Tucker joined the program in 1999.
- The last loss to the Wolverines was a 4-3 setback in Ann Arbor in 2001.
- Last season, the Buckeyes took a 5-2 decision in Ann Arbor.
- U-M comes in at No. 23 in this week's ITA rankings after its first idle weekend since dual matches began in January.
- Michigan finished the non-conference portion of its schedule with a 12-3 record. U-M's only losses came on the road to No. 17 South Florida, No. 18 Kentucky and No. 46 Notre Dame.
- The Wolverines are 1-0 in Big Ten action after shutting out Michigan State on Feb. 19.
- Through 15 team matches, Michigan has already picked up 62 singles wins. Last season in 24 dual matches, the Wolverines totaled 46 singles victories. Michigan has also surpassed last year's win total (7).
- In the latest edition of the ITA rankings, Jathan Malik comes in at No. 75, and Alex Knight checks in at No. 107.
- The doubles team of Runhao Hua and Alex Knight is ranked No. 39 by the ITA for the first time this season. The duo has a 7-2 mark at the No. 1 doubles spot.
If you are interested in adding Smart Court or Live Court technology to your college program, contact PlaySight here. PlaySight, together with the ITA, is bringing college tennis into the 21st century with an affordable live streaming solution, as well as the most cutting-edge video and analytics sports technology in the world.
PlaySight is currently installing its technology with Ole Miss with many more major programs joining the ranks – from the University of Iowa to USC to Auburn (just to name a few).
How to watch:
Go to the above link at match time, and tune in! Click on the video window to watch (you can choose which court to tune into).