PlaySight-ITA Match of the Week
The Big Ten regular-season title is on the line in Columbus
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016
Time: 6 p.m. ET
Location: Varsity Tennis Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
Teams Playing (men): No. 14 Northwestern Wildcats at No. 5 Ohio State Buckeyes
The Buckeyes and Wildcats face off this Friday in another all-PlaySight matchup (there seem to be more and more of these each week with more programs coming on board with Smart Courts and Live Courts).
Ohio State, with a win, will clinch its 11th consecutive Big Ten regular-season title. The Wildcats, led by Coach Arvid Swan, will have other ideas though, as they look to win their first Big Ten title since 1990.
The winner of this match will clinch at least a share of the title, to be decided on Sunday when Ohio State hosts Illinois.
From the official Ohio State website:
What's On the Line
• The Big Ten regular season title will be decided this weekend in Columbus.
• Ohio State and Northwestern are both 9-0 in the conference while Illinois comes into the weekend at 8-1 with its only loss coming at the hands of Northwestern.
• The winner of the match on Friday evening between Ohio State and Northwestern will earn at least a share of the regular season crown and will play for the outright title on Sunday.
• If the Buckeyes lose to Northwestern on Friday, they would need a victory over Illinois on Sunday as well as a Penn State victory over Northwestern to earn a share.
History vs. Northwestern
• The Buckeyes lead the Wildcats in their all-time head-to-head meetings 48-43
• Head coach Ty Tucker holds a 19-1 record against Northwestern and has won 13-consecutive matches against the Wildcats.
• The last loss to Northwestern was a 5-2 setback in Chicago in 2005.
• Last season, the Buckeyes topped Northwestern 5-2 in Evanston.
Link to watch: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/matchday.html
For more on PlaySight’s cutting-edge tennis technology, visit www.playsight.com or download their college tennis brochure here.
If you are interested in adding Smart Court or Live Court technology to your college program, contact PlaySight here.
PlaySight, together with the ITA, is bringing college tennis into the 21st century with an affordable live streaming solution, as well as the most cutting-edge video and analytics sports technology in the world.
PlaySight is currently installing its technology with many of the top tennis programs in college tennis (in addition to clubs, federations, and academies around the world). They are also expanding into other sports – including basketball and squash.