INDIAN WELLS (May 16, 2017) - Oracle Corp., in conjunction with the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, today announced it is strengthening its ongoing commitment to collegiate tennis with the creation of the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships at Indian Wells.
“Oracle is committed to tennis, both at the professional and collegiate level,’’ said Oracle CEO Mark Hurd. “While the top professionals get well-deserved attention, we also want fans to be able to experience the excitement of collegiate tennis in this incredible venue.’’
The Oracle ITA National Fall Championships will be held November 1-5, 2017, at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and other resort locations. The event, which serves as the conclusion of the fall collegiate tennis season, will include 128 of the nation’s top collegiate singles players (64 men and 64 women) and 64 doubles teams (32 men’s teams and 32 women’s teams). The event replaces the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships.
“We are thrilled that Indian Wells will host the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships,’’ said ITA CEO Timothy Russell. “This is one of the world’s premier tennis venues, and our collegiate players will certainly be excited to compete on the same courts as the world’s best professionals. We are grateful to the ongoing commitment from Oracle to make this happen.’’
The Oracle ITA National Fall Championships are the second collegiate event to be played in 2017 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. During the finals weekend of the 2017 BNP Paribas Open, 10 Division I teams (eight men’s teams and two women’s teams) competed in the BNP Paribas Collegiate Tennis Challenge. This marks the fourth consecutive year that collegiate tennis players have played alongside the professionals at Indian Wells.
Oracle is a partner with the ITA on several fronts:
• Oracle ITA Masters: This singles and mixed-doubles ITA Fall Championship event brings the top collegiate players together at the Malibu Racquet Club and Pepperdine University.
• Oracle ITA Rankings: Oracle sponsors the ITA’s collegiate tennis national and regional rankings for all five divisions of college tennis.
• Oracle ITA Arthur Ashe Award Winners Outing : This annual awards ceremony is held in New York City, honoring top collegiate players for excellence in sportsmanship and leadership.
• ITA Oracle Cup: Formerly the National Small College Championships, the ITA Oracle Cup features players from Divisions II, III, NAIA and JUCO, who each compete in division-specific singles and doubles national championship tournaments.
• ITA Regional Championships Presented by Oracle: 85 regional events across the nation serve as qualifiers for the ITA Oracle Cup and Oracle ITA National Fall Championships.
About Oracle Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. With more than 420,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—in more than 145 countries, Oracle provides a complete technology stack both in the cloud and in the data center. Oracle’s industry-leading cloud-based and on-premises solutions give customers complete deployment flexibility and unmatched benefits including application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About The ITA The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) is committed to serving college tennis and returning the leaders of tomorrow. As the governing body of college tennis, the ITA oversees men's and women's varsity tennis at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior/Community College divisions. The ITA administers a comprehensive awards and rankings program for men's and women's varsity players, coaches and teams in all divisions, providing recognition for their accomplishments on and off the court. For more information on the ITA, visit the ITA website at www.itatennis.com, like the ITA on Facebook or follow @ITA_Tennis on Twitter and Instagram.