ITA CHAMPIONSHIPS MANAGER & TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Championships Manager & Tournament Administrator.
Championships Manager & Tournament Administrator responsibilities to include:
• Oversee and administer, from start to finish, ITA DI National & Regional Championships. Duties shall include but are not limited to:
o Pre-event Tournament and Host Site Logistics
o Player/Team Entry, Selections, & Seeding
o On-site Tournament Administration o Post-event Administration
o Event budget planning and reconciliation
• Assist ITA Director of Championships with select day-to-day operations of the Championships Department, including, but not limited to:
o Communication with tournament directors, referees, hosts, sponsors, and ITA member coaches.
o ITA database management o ITA Summer Circuit administration
• Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of three years of sport management experience
• Strong understanding of college tennis required. Experience in college tennis (playing, coaching, operations) preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
• Familiarity with Google Applications
• Tournament administrative experience and work experience in using Tournament Management Software preferred.
• Applicant should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects, be comfortable working in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Position will report to the ITA Director of Championships and be based at ITA headquarters in Tempe, AZ.
• Position will require moderate travel throughout the year for championships and events.
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits.
Applicants are required to send a cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to Cory Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date: April 2, 2018
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's head coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers approximately 100 regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 college varsity student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is www.itatennis.com.