ITA COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Communications Coordinator.
This is an exciting and critically important time for college tennis and the ITA in the fast-paced and ever-changing worlds of higher education and intercollegiate athletics.
Communications Coordinator responsibilities to include:
• Serve as an ITA photographer/videographer at ITA Events and Championships.
o Shoot still photos and video as needed
o Manage/organize ITA Photo and Video library
o Serve as point person on staff for photo and video requests
o Create video highlight packages at designated ITA events and championships
o Assist in the planning and creation of video content for the ITA website and social channels.
• Serve as a liaison to FloTennis in the areas of Live Streaming of ITA Championships and Video Content, including, but not limited to
o Serving as the liaison with all ITA event host sites
o Coordinate event schedule and coverage with ITA Championships department
o Assist with the coordination of FloTennis event coverage and content with ITA Communications department
o Secure and coordinate schedules of all “early round” camera crews and/or volunteers, which are the responsibility of the ITA
• Serve as point person to Communications & Championships Department joint projects including, but not limited to:
o Tournament Pages
o Coaches Only
o Draw updates
• Assist ITA Director of Communications with the writing of press releases and research and writing of feature stories.
• Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree—preferably in a communications related field. Writing experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience in photography and/or videography preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
• Minimum of two years of sport management experience preferably in the sport of tennis.
• Familiarity with Google Applications
• Applicant should be detail-oriented, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects, have the ability to work in high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Position will report to the ITA Director of Communications.
• Position will require limited travel throughout the year for championships and events.
• The ITA is headquartered in Tempe, AZ.
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to:
Dan Johnson, ITA Director of Communications: email@example.com
Posting Date: November 15, 2016
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's varsity coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers numerous regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 collegiate student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is www.ITAtennis.com.