ITA Business and Development Coordinator - Job Opening
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team in a newly created position!
This is an exciting and critically important time for college tennis and the ITA in the fast-paced and ever-changing worlds of higher education and intercollegiate athletics.The ITA Business and Development Coordinator will:
• Report to the ITA Director of Special Projects, and collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer
• Work in a cross-functional capacity with the ITA Administration Department, ITA Membership Department, and the ITA Communications and Marketing Team
Responsibilities to include:
• Administrative liaison to ITA business partners and corporate members
o Including, but not limited to, ongoing outreach to current and future partners and members
o Regularly review all current contracts; build and maintain the list of “deliverables” for all parties as well as action plans for execution.
• Focus on business expansion efforts, including, but not limited to, improving and growing business-to-business partnerships and sponsorships
• Assist with events as directed by ITA Director of Special Projects, including, but not limited to
o ITA Convention Trade Show
o ITA Women’s Tennis Hall of Fame
o ITA Men’s Tennis Hall of Fame
• Assist ITA Administration with development efforts (i.e., fund-raising)
o Assist in monetizing the assets of the ITA, including, but not limited to, selling web advertisements and other sponsorship/advertisement opportunities
• Assist Director of Member Programs with marketing efforts to grow overall membership, while serving as the point person for corporate and affiliate memberships
• Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of one year experience in one of the following areas: fundraising, sales, marketing or promotion; experience in the tennis industry or college athletics preferred
• Familiarity with college tennis required; collegiate tennis playing experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, in addition to understanding technology (e.g., websites)
• Applicant should be detail-oriented and organized, can work in high-pressure situations and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Will require limited travel throughout the year
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits
Please submit cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to:
Rachel Dagen, ITA Director of Special Projects: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: January 17, 2017
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's varsity coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers numerous regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 collegiate student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is ITAtennis.com.