The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking a highly motivated Assistant to the CEO and Special Projects Coordinator
This is an exciting and critically important time for college tennis and the ITA in the fast-paced and ever-changing worlds of higher education and intercollegiate athletics.
Assistant to the CEO and Special Projects Coordinator responsibilities to include:
• Provide clerical and research assistance to the ITA’s Chief Executive Officer
• Provide assistance and support to the ITA’s fund-raising/development efforts
o Individual giving campaign
o Sponsorship and partnership development
o Endowment campaign
• Serve as Administrative Assistant to Board of Directors, as assigned by CEO
• Provide operational support for ITA Events, including, but not limited to
o The annual ITA Coaches Convention
o Arthur Ashe/All-Star outing
o Women’s and Men’s Tennis Halls of Fame banquets
o Board of Directors Meetings
o New development/fund-raising activities
o Events with such partners as the Oracle Corporation
o ITA tournament banquets (in consultation with championships department)
• Administer the ITA David A Benjamin Achievement Award
• Administer the ITA Meritorious Service Award
• Provide assistance to the Hall of Fame Selection Committees
• Serve as the ITA Office Manager
• Provide additional support to team-based efforts as directed
Qualifications and Required/Desired Skills:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience with hospitality industry and event management
• Clerical/office/business experience, preferably in the sports world (e.g., collegiate athletics – tennis in particular)
• Experience with content/data management systems and Microsoft Office Suite
• Applicant should be energetic, detail-oriented, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects, have the ability to work in high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Sports background and interest in tennis are preferred.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Position will require limited travel throughout the year for events.
• The ITA headquarters will be relocating this coming spring. Job will require relocation to the new headquarters no later than June 1, 2016. Employee will be asked to travel (for training purposes) between their current location and the new ITA headquarters during the months prior.
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits.
Please click the following link to begin the application process: http://goo.gl/forms/jLs1g1UMWS
Applicants will be required to send a cover letter and resume (including the contact information for a minimum of three references) to email@example.com
Posting Date: January 18, 2016
Application deadline: Open until filled
ITA: As the governing body of collegiate tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 1,700 men's and women's varsity coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers numerous regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 college varsity student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is ITAtennis.com.